European Union’s personal data protection rules for the participants of the international conference
ccording to provisions of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (Official Journal of the European Union L 119/1) please be informed that:
- WSB University in Warszawa, with its seat at ul. Łabiszyńska 25, 03-204 Warszawa is the controller of personal data and ensures protection of the interests of participants data with due care and is obliged to provide security measures protecting the data filing system, as defined in articles 36 – 39, and to meet the requirements specified in the provisions referred to in article 39a.
- Personal data will be processed for purposes related to the conference and for marketing and promotional purposes.
- Providing personal data is voluntary, but refusal to provide it will prevent the participation of the person in the conference.
- Each person has the right to access their data and correct it at any time.
- The data may be made available to recipients within the meaning of art. 7 point 7 of the Act on Personal Data Protection, i.e. organs and public entities carrying out tasks in the field of higher education and resulting from legal provisions.
If you have any questions concerning how your personal information is used and what you are entitled to with respect to this information, please contact our Data Protection Officer Mr. Rafał Surowy: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal information will be processed for marketing purposes for a period 5 years beginning on September 1 of the year in which your consent was given. Based on your consent, we will be able to provide you with information on our products and services as well as on events and promotions that may be relevant to you. The processing of personal information collected for marketing purposes is automated and primarily involves data profiling.
Your personal information will be kept for a period of 5 years.
If necessary, your personal information may be conveyed to WSB’s business partners (e.g. providers of data storage services) or subcontractors (e.g. marketing agencies) that we cooperate with on a permanent basis. When this occurs, those companies are not allowed to process the data except for the purpose and to the extent that has been expressly indicated. At any event, WSB’s responsibility as the Data Controller is not waived and WSB remains fully responsible to ensure your data is protected.
What you are entitled to with respect to your personal information
You have the right to:
- access the content of your personal information,
- modify the data,
- request removal of your personal information from our records in the event:
- you withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information,
- your personal information is no longer necessary for the purposes that it was collected or processed for,
- file an objection to our processing of your personal information for marketing purposes,
- file an objection to the processing of your personal information in customizing our services to your preferences,
- your personal information is used unlawfully,
- place a restriction on our use of your personal information,
- file an objection to our processing of your personal information,
- move your personal information,
- withdraw your consent at any time.
Withdrawal of your consent does not affect any instances of data handling performed prior to the withdrawal.
In addition, you may file a complaint to the supervisory body, should you deem the way we use your personal information infringes on applicable data protection laws.