About WSB Universities

Are the WSB Universities accredited and recognized in Poland and across the European Union?

WSB are recognized in Poland as well as in all other EU member states. Our degrees are awarded under the laws of the European Union and in compliance with relevant regulations of Poland’s Ministry of Higher Education and Science. All of the WSB Universities are state-accredited and have degree awarding powers for all of its higher education programs: Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral (PhD in Economics).
In addition, some of our degree programs have been accredited by international institutions, e.g.: 


WSB University in Poznan

  • IACBE accreditation for the degree programs in: 
  1. Finance and Accounting 
  2. Management
  • the Bachelor’s degree program in Finance and Accounting, with the Corporate Finance and Taxes major, accredited by ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) – the global professional accounting body offering the Chartered Certified Accountant qualification
  • the Executive MBA Program accredited by the Association of MBAs

WSB University in Gdansk

  • IACBE accreditation for the Bachelor’s degree program in Tourism and Recreation 


I want to study at WSB University. Where to start? What documents do I need to provide?

Check on our website how you can easily sign up: https://www.wsb.pl/english/admissions
or contact the Recruitment Office in the selected WSB.

Does WSB University require a specific GPA for admission?

The WSB Universities do not require a GPA for admission. Admission is based on just two criteria: 1) secondary education proven by a relevant certificate that makes the holder eligible for higher education in the country of origin, 2) proficiency in English at a CEFR B2 level or higher (applies to individuals signing up for programs taught in English).

A GPA may, however, be required for admission into some EU-funded programs or programs associated with scholarships.

I sent my documents a few days ago, but I still have no answer from the university. What should I do?

The procedure of verification of foreign students' documents may unfortunately take some time, especially if we have many inquiries. Please be patient, you will certainly receive information from the Recruitment Office soon.

Will my WSB degree be recognized in Turkey?

The WSB Universities recived corfirmation from YOK for recognition and equivalence throughout Turkey. 

WSB degrees are recognized in all European Union member states and by those Turkish higher education institutions that partner with the WSB Universities under Erasmus+. This is clearly indicative of the quality of our degrees. 

Study organization

Do I need to write a dissertation in order to get a degree?

At the conclusion of a Bachelor’s or Engineer’s program students form groups to jointly develop a degree project that is subsequently defended during the final degree examination. Master’s degree programs are concluded with a degree thesis that is developed and defended individually.

Every student working on a degree project or thesis has an academic advisor to guide and supervise their efforts. To this end, the curriculum includes seminars led by thesis advisors that are scheduled in the final year of each degree program. 

Students are informed of the credit requirements and assessment criteria directly by the teachers or they may look these up in the Extranet. 

What happens if I fail a course?

The WSB Academic Rules and Regulations entitle you to two attempts at passing each course. If neither of the two attempts is successful, you may apply to the Dean for individual arrangements. There may be an extra payment on re-taking a course over the two standard attempts.


What level of English is required for admission? What certificates are accepted as a proof of English skills?

To make you eligible for admission into a WSB degree program, your English skills must be at a CEFR B2 level.

If you do not have a certificate of secondary education in the English language or a globally recognized language qualification, the WSB University will assess your proficiency by giving you a written test and conducting a Skype interview. 

Do I need to speak Polish to live and work in Poland?

Although you don’t have to be proficient in the language, some basic Polish will certainly help you enjoy your study experience and will make your life easier. As an international student, you will be able to attend a Polish language course. 

In the workplace, Polish will be an asset, but there are many international organizations, too, at each WSB location that will gladly hire non-Polish university graduates who cannot speak any Polish. 

Life in Poland

How long will it take me to get a visa?

Unfortunately, as a university, we have no influence on the work of Polish consular centers. It is best to contact the Polish consulate in your country by phone or e-mail and ask about the procedure. This way you will get the most reliable information.

How can I renew my visa when it expires?

Visas have to be renewed each year and you should make sure that your visa does not expire, so your stay in Poland is legal at all times. The easiest way to renew you visa is by visiting a Polish consulate in Turkey while back home on holiday. 

Otherwise, in exceptional cases, your visa may be extended in Poland by contacting the immigration department at your nearest Provincial Office (Urząd Wojewódzki).

What kind of health insurance can I get? How much does it cost and what does it cover?

Detailed information will be provided by our local Admissions Offices. 

Your best choice will be usually to get insurance with the National Health Fund (Narodowy Fundusz Zdrowia) that gives you the same cover as your fellow Polish students have. It costs around 50 Polish zloty monthly (roughly an equivalent of €12) and can be purchased on your arrival in Poland. You should know, however, that seeing some medical specialists (e.g. a dentist or an oculist) involves making an appointment and waiting in a queue. 

Can I stay in Poland after I graduate and search for a job?

Yes, you can stay in Poland for up to 12 months after the completion of your degree program. Your residence is conditional on the expiry date of your student visa. As long as it is still valid, you are allowed to stay in Poland and work full-time. To extend your stay beyond that point, though, you will need a work permit that may be arranged by your employer. 


May I work legally while I study? How many hours?

You can get a job during your university study. The Polish law permits non-Polish students to seek employment and work up to 40 hours weekly, as long as they are full-time students. 

You should be aware, though, that you may find it difficult to work such long hours in your first months at university, as the course workload is rather big. 
Under the laws of Poland, full-time students may work full-time, too, which corresponds to 40 work hours per week. Many students do combine work with study but choose to work part-time, e.g. 20 hours per week, because learning in a foreign language is time-consuming and involves considerable effort. 

Are there jobs available for foreign students in Poland? (How to combine work and study?)

A lot of students combine work and study. Most of them prefer to look for a job on their own, e.g. via Internet advertisements or employment agencies, such as WSB Careers Offices. At the moment, it is fairly easy for students to find part-time jobs, e.g. as assistants in shops and cafés, baby-sitters, etc. 


At any event, in the third year of your Bachelor’s program and/or in the second year of your Master’s program you will do the mandatory work placement that will provide you with work experience related to your field of study. 

The WSB Universities cooperate with major regional employers, and your Careers Office will help you find and select the best work placement for you. 

Coronavirus News

How is WSB University going to provide online classes/alternative teaching method?

The University is working hard to switch to remote teaching and learning solutions. Work is currently underway on creating an effective and student-friendly e-learning environment. We will keep you posted on all progress through social media, Extranet and Moodle platform. No matter how long the delivery of face-to-face instruction is suspended, we will make sure that the intended learning outcomes are achieved and the educational process is completed in line with academic standards.

Do I need to undergo quarantine when I enter Poland?

YES.  Anyone crossing the national border to reach their place of residence or stay in the Republic of Poland is required to inform a Border Guard officer of the address of their place of residence or stay where they will be undergoing their compulsory quarantine as well as their phone number, and undergo a compulsory post-border crossing quarantine at the location specified as their place of residence or stay, lasting 14 days from the first day following the date of crossing the border.

When and how will the cancelled classes be made up?

The university is working hard to switch to remote teaching and learning solutions. Work is currently underway on creating an effective and student friendly e-learning environment. We will keep you posted on all progress through social media, Extranet and Moodle platform. No matter how long the delivery of face-to-face instruction is suspended, we will make sure that the intended learning outcomes are achieved and the educational process is completed in line with academic standards.

How will the university departments work? Will student services be provided?

Yes, student services will continue to be provided. All the administrative departments are working the regular hours, but they can only be contacted remotely (by phone and e-mail). No direct face-to-face services will be provided.

How do I renew my Student ID?

You do not need to. Student ID cards will be automatically extended until May 31 this year.

How can I extend my legal stay in Poland?

Office for Foreigners (Urząd ds. Cudzoziemców) on April 1, 2020 published information on introducing special solutions to foreigners as regards to the extention of their stay in Poland.

More information: https://go-poland.pl/pl/node/2224

What about the library and unreturned books?

The library will be closed until March 25. Please contact us by phone or email. We recommend that you extend your lending period via the Extranet, using your online library account. No penalties will be charged for unreturned books that are due back within March 12-25. Holds made before March 12 are automatically extended, so if you requested books through the reservation system, you will be able to collect them until March 31.

Are all the foreign nationals banned from coming to Poland?

The ban on entering the Republic of Poland does not apply to:

  • citizens of the Republic of Poland
  • foreigners who are spouses or children of citizens of the Republic of Poland or remain under permanent care of citizens of the Republic of Poland
  • holders of the Pole’s Card
  • diplomats
  • persons who have the right of permanent or temporary residence in the Republic of Poland or a work permit
  • in particularly justified cases which have not been listed above, the commanding officer of a Border Guard outpost, upon authorisation of the Commander-in-Chief of the Polish Border Guard, can allow a foreigner to enter the territory of the Republic of Poland according to the procedure set out in the Act of 12 December 2013 on Foreigners (Journal of Laws of 2020, item 35)
  • foreigners driving a vehicle intended for transporting goods.

The compulsory quarantine does not apply to:

  • persons from near-border areas who live in Poland, but work every day in the neighbouring country and regularly cross the border;
  • foreign citizens who live in the neighbouring country, but work in Poland and regularly cross the border;
  • professional freight and passenger transport drivers performing their duties.
When does WSB University return to physical classes?

Acting in compliance with the decision of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education, WSB suspends its teaching activities until April 10, 2020. The suspension might be extended and will be informed to all the students via email or Extranet.

I am an international student and I want to return home, what should I do?

Please contact the International Relations Office if you wish to leave Poland during this time. You need to inform the university before you decide to leave the country. Non-Adherence to this will lead to serious repercussions.

You can leave Poland by means of road transport at border crossing points. The limitations apply to entering the country.

I am on a study abroad program/exchange – outside of Poland. Who should I contact?

Please contact the international Relations Office in this case.

I am a Polish national and want to return to Poland. What should I do?

On Sunday, 15 March, Poland closed its borders to foreigners. All Polish citizens who are presently abroad can return to their homeland. They will also undergo a compulsory 14-day home quarantine. International passenger air flights and international rail travel have been suspended.

Please contact the International Relations Office if you want to return to Poland.

What should I do when Poland shut the borders, air traffic is banned and my visae expires at the end of March?

If your visa expires, you are still at home and have not returned to Poland due to the current situation, apply for a new visa in your country of residence. The Registrar’s Office will send scanned documents which confirm continuation of your studies. Furthermore, WSB University can contact the Embassy and explain the details.

I’m in Poland how can I extend my visa in current situation?

Foreigners who cannot leave the territory of Poland for reasons beyond their control may apply for either a visa extension or a temporary residence permit due to circumstances requiring a short stay. Applications should be sent to the voivodeship office via Poczta Polska by registered mail or via any other postal operator. Sending the application during legal stay via Poczta Polska S.A. guarantees meeting the deadline for its submission and ensures the possibility of legal stay until the case is considered. More information: https://udsc.gov.pl/en/submission-of-applications-by-post/.

Where can I get more information about travelling in and out of Poland?

You can find more information here: https://www.gov.pl/web/coronavirus/travel

What should I do if I suspect that I am infected?

There are three situations in which there is a higher risk of COVID-19 infection: in the last 14 days you have travelled to areas where the virus is spreading, you have had close contact with someone who has COVID-19, you are coughing, have a fever and breathing difficulties. If any of these is true for you, you should immediately call a sanitary-epidemiological station or go to an infectious disease or observation and infectious disease ward whose staff will decide on a further medical procedure. When in doubt or if you do not know what to do, call a 24-hour helpline: 800 190 590.

Where to call if I have any questions?

Ministry of Health hotline – 800 190 590 (24-hour service). Information is also available in English.

Where can I get more information about the temporary limitations?