Tourism and Recreation in Metropolitan Areas – Problems and Challenges
WSB University in Poznań
Ivan Franko National University of Lviv
under the Honorary Patronage of:
His Magnificence Rector
of the WSB University in Poznań
prof. Józef Orczyk, Ph.D.
His Magnificence Rector
of the Ivan Franko National University of Lviv
prof. Volodymyr Melnyk, Ph.D.
The International Scientific Conference of the ‘Tourism and Recreation in Metropolises’ Series entitled ‘Tourism and Recreation in Metropolitan Areas – Problems and Challenges’ is assumed to be a continuation of the issues discussed in the Conferences of 2015 and 2017 organised by the WSB University in Poznań, i.e. tourism and recreation related to the functioning of urban agglomerations.
The purpose of the Conference is to get to the bottom of the mechanisms of tourism and recreation functioning, in particular conditions of similarities and differences in their development in major urban centres like modern metropolises. The Conference will also serve as a platform enabling to discuss new methods of analysing the role of tourism and recreation in metropolises and to exchange knowledge, experiences, and the most recent results obtained by scientists and industry organisations for different metropolises of Poland, Europe, and worldwide.
Moreover, the Conference aims at increasing the level of international cooperation and creating conditions enabling to establish new international research teams.
RANGE OF TOPICS
The Conference programme covers a broad range of topics concerning the most important phenomena and processes connected to possibilities of development and trends in tourism and recreation in metropolises. The range includes some of the most significant problems of current situation of tourism and recreation in major urban centres. It is intended to interest a broad group of specialists that may find interesting research areas within the field of tourism and recreation.
- Cities’ branding strategies employing ‘smart’ values and innovative practices
- Modern tourism and recreation forms in metropolises
- Metropolises as tourist destinations and their influence on the region’s income related to tourism
- Regionalisation of touristic areas within a metropolis
- Metropolises and issues of spatial planning, environmental protection, and inhabitants’ quality of life
- Dynamics of changes in tourist areas of world metropolises
- The problem of overtourism in urban areas
- Place of tourism and recreation in the development of ‘smart’ metropolises
- Metropolis inhabitants’ health-seeking behaviour in the context of physical and recreational activity
The changes in the publishing policy of the WSB University Press in Poznań, related to the adaptation to the standards of international bases SCOPUS meant that the articles for " studian Periegetica "will be accepted only in English and only submitted by the publishing panel.
Authors can submit manuscripts via the Publishers Panel (after setting up an account and logging in): https://editors.publisherspanel.com/pl.ici.ppanel-app-war/ppanel/index?…
When submitting the manuscript, consent is required, in this case - making a statement. The authors download, fill out, print, sign it by hand, scan it and attach it in the panel.
More info about Studia Periegetica https://sp.publisherspanel.com/resources/html/cms/MAINPAGE
If you are interested in participation in the Conference, please complete a registration form available
- PLN 400 (participation with coffee breaks, lunch breaks, conference materials, welcome dinner in 20th November, and paper publication)
- PLN 250 (paper publication without participation)
- PLN 200 (participation without paper publication)
WSB bank account details:
PL45 1020 4027 0000 1902 1280 5992
Bank transfer name: Conference – tourism and recreation
31th October 2019 - a deadline for registration and submission of complete paper manuscripts (English) and transfer of Conference fees!
Members of the scientific conference committee:
- Chairman – prof. zw. dr hab. Leon Kozacki – WSB University in Poznan, Poland
- prof. Volodymyr Bilaniuk – Ivan Franko National University of Lviv, Ukraine
- prof. Lidiya Dubis – Ivan Franko National University of Lviv, Ukraine
- prof. Sanzharbek Erdolatov – Ala-Too International University, Kyrgyzstan
- prof. Olga Liubitseva – Taras Shevchenko National University in Kyiv, Ukraine
- prof. Marta Malska – Ivan Franko National University of Lviv, Ukraine
- prof. Markijan Malskyj – Ivan Franko National University of Lviv, Ukraine
- prof. Yuriy Zinko – Ivan Franko National University of Lviv, Ukraine
- prof. dr Patrick Bouchet – University of Burgundy, Dijon, France
- prof. dr Yanki Hartijasti – Universitas Indonesia, Jakarta, Indonesia
- prof. dr Tamara Ratz – Kodolányi Janos University, Budapest, Hungary
- prof. dr Che-Jen SU – Fu Jen Catholic University, Taiwan
- dr hab. Miroslava Pridalova – Palacky University Olomouc, Czech Republic
- dr Thomas Fletcher – Leeds Beckett University, United Kingdom
- dr Huseyin Gumus – Mersin University, Turkey
- msc Yianna Orphanidou – University of Nicosia, Cyprus
- prof. zw. dr hab. Tomasz Kaczmarek – Adam Mickiewicz University Poznań, Poland
- dr hab. Sławomir Jankiewicz – prof. WSB University in Poznan, Poland
- dr hab. Józef Komorowski – prof. WSB University in Poznan, Poland
- dr hab. Tadeusz Leczykiewicz – prof. WSB University in Poznan, Poland
- dr hab. Agnieszka Niezgoda – prof. Poznan University of Economics and Business, Poland
- dr hab. Marek Nowacki – prof. WSB University in Poznan, Poland
- dr hab. Beata Pluta – prof. Poznan University od Physical Education, Poland
- dr hab. Bogdan Włodarczyk – prof. University of Lodz, Poland
- dr hab. Alina Zajadacz – prof. Adam Mickiewicz University Poznań, Poland
- dr hab. Piotr Zmyślony – prof. Poznan University of Economics and Business, Poland
- dr Adrian Lubowiecki – Vikuk, SGH Warsaw School of Economics, Poland
Maria Zamelska, Ph.D.
Joanna Łuczak, Ph.D.; Tomasz Lewandowski, Ph.D.
Agata Basińska-Zych, Ph.D.; Stanisław Bronowicki, Ph.D.; Alicja Kaiser, Ph.D.; Jarosław Styperek, Ph.D.; Michał Preisler, M.Sc.; Lidia Seroczyńska, M.Sc.