WSB University in Poznań
Faculty of Geographic and Geological Science
of Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań
are pleased to invite you to
IV INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON
Contemporary challenges of tourism and recreation
18-19 November 2021
The thematic scope of the conference is a continuation of a series of events organised by the Education Department of Tourism and Recreation of WSB University in Poznań and the Socio-Economic Institute of WSB University in Poznań and devoted to the topic of Tourism and recreation in metropolitan areas, which were held in 2015, 2017 and 2019. This year, the scope of the conference has been extended to include non-metropolitan aspects, given the highly dynamic changes occurring in the tourism, recreational and sports industry brought about by the pandemic.
The modern market of tourism, recreational and sports services is faced with challenges that can considerably affect supply and demand. Being part of the global economy, tourism is sensitive to many factors associated with different places, events and behaviours, and currently, the strong pressure caused by the growing number of Covid-19 infections. The pandemic has limited the activity of the tourism industry to such an extent that its recovery will take a long time. A similar situation can be observed as regards the leisure time offering or sports and recreational services. This calls for a serious, substantive discussion about the current state of the tourism and recreational sector and its development possibilities.
We would like to invite a wide range of participants, members of the academic community as well as people otherwise involved in tourism and recreation, to present results of their studies and share their experiences and knowledge about contemporary challenges of tourism and recreation.
Specific conference objectives:
- present latest research results in the field of tourism and recreation,
- discuss challenges and threats facing tourism and recreation during the pandemic,
- indicate directions of development for tourism and recreation in the post-pandemic period,
- establish cooperation in the area of research and within the industry with research centres and socio-economic institutions.
Thematic scope of the conference:
- problems and challenges facing the development of tourism and recreation in metropolitan areas,
- the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on tourism and recreation,
- security in tourism and recreation,
- creativity, innovation and new technologies in tourism and recreation,
- tourism and recreation in the context of sustainable development,
- experiences, values and their co-creation in tourism and recreation,
- factors affecting consumer behaviours in the market of tourism, sports and recreational services,
- promotion of a healthy lifestyle and health-supportive leisure activities.
- the conference will be held in a hybrid mode: either as a ‘live’ in-person event with an online component or exclusively online, depending on the current epidemic situation,
- If you are interested in attending the conference, please fill in the registration form,
- conference presentations will be delivered in English or Polish,
- conference presentations will be simultaneously interpreted into Polish and English,
- The conference organisers do not provide accommodation; a list of recommended hotels can be found here.
- PLN 100 – online participation,
- PLN 600 – in-person participation at WSB University, conference materials, coffee breaks (3 x), lunch (2 x),
- PLN 850 - in-person participation at WSB University, conference materials, coffee breaks (3 x), lunch (2 x), conference dinner on 18 November (1 x)
The bank account number to which the conference fee should be transferred will be provided in Announcement No. 2
- by 30 June 2021 – register your participation in the conference and submit the title and abstract of your paper (max. 350 words),
- by 15 September 2021 – the organisers will notify participants about the conference mode (hybrid or exclusively online),
- by 15 October 2021 – pay the conference fee.
The Scientific and Organising Committee
- Chair of the Scientific Committee: Alina Zajadacz, DSc, Assoc. Prof. (UAM),
- Marek Nowacki, DSc, BEng, Assoc. Prof. (WSB Poznań)
- Chair of the Organising Committee: Agata Basińska-Zych, PhD (WSB Poznań)
- Vice-Chair: Grzegorz Godlewski, PhD (UAM)
- Secretaries: Alicja Kaiser, PhD (WSB Poznań), Magdalena Kugiejko, PhD (UAM)
- Committee members: Agata Dondajewska, MA (WSB Poznań), Agnieszka Falborska, MA (WSB Poznań), Joanna Łuczak, PhD (WSB Poznań), Aleksandra Minkwitz, MA (UAM), Michał Preisler, MA (WSB Poznań)
The list of Scientific Committee members and Conference patrons will be provided in Announcement No. 2