Recruitment for studies is still ongoing. We are glad that so many of you have chosen WSB as a university where they want to continue their education and develop further! The new academic year begins soon, and we want to tell you now about what the courses will look like starting October.
Due to the epidemic situation in the country and the fact that the student community of WSB University in Wrocław is very large, we decided that in the winter semester of 2020/2021 classes will be held in a mixed model, also known as a hybrid model.
This means that some classes will be conducted in a traditional mode, i.e. within the walls of the university, and some in a remote mode, i.e. online. In the winter semester, the majority of classes will be held remotely, this applies to lectures, discussion classes and seminar classes, as well as laboratory classes and project classes. These courses will be held in real time, i.e. synchronously, using the tools used by the university.
Depending from the degree, whether you are at undergraduate, postgraduate or MBA level, the number of remote classes will vary from those which are held on campus. It comes from the number of groups, the duration of studies (the number of semesters during which the full curriculum is conducted) and their specifics, which, especially in the case of post-graduate studies and MBA, is based on direct interaction between the participants.
Detailed information about which classes you will have conducted in traditional mode and which ones in remote mode, and with the use of what tools (platforms, messengers), you will receive from us at the latest on September 14, 2020. We are currently preparing precise information for students of each year and in each field of study. They will be provided in the coming days by the Dean of the Faculty of Finance and Management via our websites (including the Student's Zone / Information for new students’ tab) and the Extranet. See you!
Your safety and studying at WSB as the source of positive experiences are of utmost importance for us.
The summer-break period was a time of hard work for us to make the components of distance learning, during which you connect with your lecturers and peers online while at home, even more comfortable for you and enable proper acquisition of knowledge.
We passed the spring distance education exam; 82% of post-secondary level students were either very satisfied or satisfied with the actions we took during the prevailing coronavirus pandemic.
We are even better prepared for the upcoming academic year! The improved teaching standards and technological solutions that we have employed will allow you to effectively develop in the majors that you have chosen for yourself.
What does it mean that the classes will be conducted remotely?
- For lectures and practicals, you will connect with your peers and course coordinators using means such as MS Teams. This platform allow you to stay in touch with the course coordinator, conduct discussions and ask questions, as well as work in subgroups on projects carried out with your study mates. You can read more about the benefits of the platforms used on the website We support studying with technology.
- You follow the study program precisely the same as in the case of traditionally conducted classes.
What does it mean that classes are conducted face to face?
- We will meet during classes in the university premises. However, we will be bound by a sanitary regime so that these meetings are safe for all of us.
- At the university premises, you will have to cover your nose and mouth, disinfect your hands frequently and keep a prudent distance from one another. For your safety, we will regularly air the rooms and provide access to disinfecting fluid.
- Regardless of the form of education, as a WSB student, you will benefit from such technological amenities as:
- You will get free access to MS Office 365, including popular applications such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and OneNote, thanks to which both the lecturers and students can cooperate and communicate seamlessly as well ad create content as part of project activities.
- You will get remote access to computer labs through VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure). You will be able to use specialized computer software whenever you want and from anywhere in the world. To work in virtual labs you only need an Internet connection and a laptop, tablet or smartphone.
- Course materials can be found on the Moodle platform, which we have been using for many years. One of its advantages is the fact that it has been tried by several hundred million users around the world and has many extensive functionalities!
- You will be able to take part in online business simulations, which are an excellent opportunity to test your current skills in action.
- You can deal with many university matters thanks to the Extranet. Here, you can check your grades from the entire period of study, the lecturers’ office hours, the timetable and schedule of your classes and many other student topics.
See what precisely the education will look like at:
- first-cycle studies [link to the product page]
- second-cycle studies [link to the product page]
* In the event of a decision by the state or poviat authorities or by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education about the impossibility of conducting particular classes face to face at all universities, we will teach classes using a distant-learning formula. We are ready for any of the possible forms of education!