WHO IS THE DATA CONTROLLER FOR YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND HOW YOU CAN CONTACT US
The Data Controller for your personal information is the WSB University in Toruń, with its seat at ul. Młodzieżowa 31a.
If you have any questions concerning how your personal information is processed and what you are entitled to regarding this information, please contact our Data Protection Officer, Rafał Surowy: firstname.lastname@example.org
THE PURPOSE AND THE LEGAL BASIS FOR DATA PROCESSING AS WELL AS THE RETENTION PERIODS
By your consent, your data will be processed for marketing purposes for five years counted from September 1 of the year following the date of your consent. Thanks to this consent, we will be able to send you information about our offer, the events organized by us and the campaigns that we have prepared for you.
In terms of operating on social media, we will process your data for the following purposes:
1) to run our profile/channel in social media, on conditions defined by them and to inform you via them about our activities, the events organized by us, and the products and services offered;
2) to contact you;
3) to analyse of the running, the popularity and the use of our profile/channel;
4) to send you commercial information, including invitations to events organized by us, through the profile/channel functionality.
The legal basis for the processing of your data for the purposes mentioned above is our legitimate interest, which is to promote our business and extend the group of our supporters as well as answer your questions. We process your personal data for the period of your activity related to the profile/channel, and then until your account is deleted or removed from your profile/channel.
Further, we may process your data to establish claims, defending against them or/and pursuing them, which is our legitimate interest. In processing your data, we shall follow the statute of limitations for possible claims, determined by law.
Alumni career tracking
In order to analyze our graduates’ careers, your data will be processed by your consent for five years counted from September 1 of the year following the date of graduation. Thanks to this agreement, we can learn whether you are satisfied with your studies and how their completion influenced your career. Based on these data, we can improve the offer and expand our education programs.
The implementation of educational services and data storage after the completion of the service
In order to provide educational service during the course of your studies by taking necessary actions before the conclusion of the contract, as well as to guarantee storing the data after performing the service, your data will be processed on the basis of the contract or the Act of July 20, 2018, Law on Higher Education and Science, for the period of:
1) 50 years, under paragraph 15, item 4, of the Ordinance of the Minister of Science and Higher Education of September 27, 2018, regarding studies;
2) 50 years, if the documentation concerns the postgraduate and the MBA studies;
3) resulting from applicable legal provisions for other educational services (e.g. training);
4) 6 months from the end of the enrolment process if you do not take up studies with us.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR DATA PROCESSING?
You have the right to:
1. request access to your data;
2. correct of your data;
3. request the obliteration of your data if:
- you will withdraw your consent to their processing;
- your data cease to be necessary for the purpose for which it was collected or otherwise processed;
- you object to the use of your data for marketing purposes;
- you object to the use of your data to adapt our services to your preferences;
- your personal details are processed unlawfully;
4. request the restrictions on the processing of your data;
5. object to their processing;
6. request the transfer of your data;
7. withdraw your consent for data processing at any time, as long as it is based on your consent. The withdrawal of your consent does not affect the processing of your data carried out by us before its withdrawal.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection when you feel that the processing of your data violates the provisions of applicable law.
Providing personal data for marketing purposes (including conducting activities in social media) to facilitate tracking the careers of our graduates is voluntary.
Providing data to provide educational services and data storing after the service is provided is required by law or is necessary to conclude a contract. Your refusal to provide your details or providing incorrect data prevent us from providing the service for you.
HOW WE CUSTOMIZE OUR SERVICES TO YOUR NEEDS AND PREFERENCES?
We will process personal data collected for marketing purposes in an automated way in the form of profiling. This means that thanks to analyzing the data you provide, we will present an offer tailored to your needs. Such action is our legitimate interest, which consists in developing our business and the opportunity to present you with the best possible proposal.
Based on the data we have received from you, we adjust the content of online advertising to your preferences as well. Again, we operate based on our legitimate interest, which is to promote our business and select the best offer for you. You can change your browser settings to disable, among others the personalization of ads. In this regard, we refer you to the appropriate regulations of your browser.
In addition, we also use advertising on social media. Depending on the type of media, you can also change your profile/account settings for ads. Again, we refer you to the relevant regulations of the media mentioned above.
WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA?
As a university, on a daily basis we use the services of companies, thanks to which we provide you with the highest standard of service.
Your data may be forwarded to them for processing on our behalf. It happens most often in the case of cooperation with a specific service provider (e.g. a provider of data storage services, a provider of postal, courier, payment, legal, insurance, IT as well as audit services) or a subcontractor (e.g. marketing agency). We may also transfer your data to entities affiliated with us by shares or by a person. In this situation, the transfer of data does not entitle other entities to any processing, but only to use them for the purposes explicitly indicated by us. In no case does the transfer of data release us as the Administrator from the responsibility for their processing.
Regarding the use of social media by us, your data may be transferred to the owners of portals: Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, as well as marketing agencies that support us.
The Administrator’s suppliers are based mainly in Poland and other countries of the European Economic Area (EEA). Some of the suppliers are established outside the EEA. In connection with the transfer of the User’s data outside the EEA, the Administrator has made sure that the suppliers would guarantee a high level of personal data protection. These guarantees arise in particular from the obligation to use standard contractual clauses adopted by the Commission (the EU) or the participation in the “Privacy Shield” program established by Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2016/1250 of July 12, 2016, on the adequacy of protection provided by the EU-US Privacy Shield.
You have the right to request us to provide you with a copy of standard contractual clauses by sending a request to the email address of our Data Protection Officer.
Cookie Files Policy
1. Cookie files are text files intended for the use on the site, stored in the end device of the service user, containing the name of the website of their origin, their unique number, the storage time for the end device.
2. The website automatically collects only the information contained in the cookie files.
3. The Operator of the service is the entity that places cookies on its user’s end device and has access to them.
4. The service uses the following types of cookies:
- essential cookies that enable the use of services available within the website, e.g. authentication cookies, used for services requiring authentication within the website;
- cookies that ensure security, e.g. ones used to detect fraud of authentication within the website;
- performance cookies that enable the collection of information about the use of the service’s websites;
- functional cookies that facilitate "remembering " the settings chosen by the user and personalize the user interface, e.g. in terms of the selected language or the region of the user’s origin, the font size, the website design, etc.;
- advertising cookies that enable providing the users with advertising content optimally tailored to their interests;
5. The service uses two types of cookies: session and first-party/persistent cookies. The session files are temporary and stored up until you leave the site (by accessing another page, logging out or disabling the browser). The first-party files are stored on the user's end device until they are deleted by the user or for the time resulting from their settings.
7. The changes to the settings in the user's Web browser may restrict the access to certain functions of the website.
How do I block Google Analytics statistical services?
You can download Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on here.
How to enable and disable cookies of a specific Web browser:
- Google Chrome:
- click the icon on the toolbar,
- select "Settings",
- at the bottom of the page, click "Show Advanced Settings...",
- in the "Privacy" section, click "Content Settings",
- To enable cookies, in the "Cookies" section select "Allow data storage locally (recommended)". To accept only your cookies, check the box "Block cookies and data from third-party websites,"
- to disable cookies, in the "Cookies" section select "Block attempts to place data from sites on this computer (not recommended)”,
- for more information on the settings offered in the Chrome web browser, please visit the official Google website.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, 8.0, 9.0:
- click "Tools" at the top of the browser window and select "Internet Options",
- in the "Internet options" window, go to the "Privacy" tab,
- to enable cookies: Set the slider to “Medium” or below,
- to disable cookies: Move the slider to the top to block all cookies,
- when the slider is repositioned, information about the lock level is presented.
There are many different settings for enabling and disabling cookies in Internet Explorer. For more information on other cookie settings offered in Internet Explorer, refer to the Microsoft Web browser for Windows 7 and Windows Vista.
- Mozilla Firefox:
- in the menu bar go to “Tools” and click "Options",
- select the "Privacy Tab",
- in the "History" section of the "Firefox Programme" line in the dropdown list, select "Will use the user settings”,
- to enable cookies, the option "Accept cookies" should be selected with the option "Accept cookies from sites”,
- to disable cookies, the "Accept cookies" option should be cleared.
There are miscellaneous settings for enabling and disabling cookies in Mozilla Firefox. For more information on the settings offered in the Firefox Web browser, visit the official website of the Mozilla Foundation.
- click on the browser menu and select "Settings" and then "Preferences",
- in the "Preferences" window, select the "Advanced" tab,
- from the menu on the left, select "Cookies",
- to enable cookies, select the option "Accept cookies",
- to disable cookies, select the option "Never accept cookies".
There are many different settings for enabling and disabling cookies in the Opera browser. For more information on the settings offered in the Opera Web browser, see the official website of Opera Software.
- click the Settings icon and select "Preferences",
- select the "Privacy" panel,
- to enable cookies in the "Block cookies" section, select the "Never" option.
- to accept only the cookies of the website you are visiting, select "From third parties s or advertisers" field,
- to disable cookies in the "Block cookies" section, select the "Always" option.
There are many different settings for enabling and disabling cookies in Safari. For more information on the settings offered in the Safari Web browser, visit Apple's official website.
- All other browsers:
Please check the "Help" section in your browser or contact your browser manufacturer.
How to manage cookies on your mobile phone?
For information on how to manage cookies on your mobile phone, refer to the User manual of the phone.