About the University
WSB University in Poznań is 25 years old now! Our history began in 1994 with the launch of our first courses in finance and banking. Over the years, we have been working hard and continued to expand and refine our range of educational products. We have grown strong and are today seen among the country’s top private institutions of higher learning, with lots of distinctions, accreditations and certificates that others do not get. We deliver all kinds of degree programs, a rich variety of training courses, and even MBA programs. Our greatest pride are, however, the thousands of alumni who are doing so well in the tough job market.
As a provider of quality business education, we make every effort to enable you to:
- blend knowledge from different domains and apply it in the workplace
- select a degree program that will provide you with relevant and immediately applicable skills, e.g. in running a business of your own
- meet field experts – because we strongly promote networking and experience sharing among students and teachers
- interact with accomplished representatives of the business community, including the region’s leading companies; their involvement in classroom teaching stands for direct transfer of know-how and compelling case studies
- use the support of our Careers Services Office in finding a job, taking a professional training course, and arranging a work placement or internship
- develop and upgrade your skill level in such areas as career planning, interpersonal communication, data analysis, project coordination, critical thinking, creative thinking, etc.
- influence our study programs and the organization of our administrative services, because we do want to hear what you think of us: we regularly survey our students’ satisfaction and keep track of alumni careers
Innovative, friendly, and practice-focused
We use the latest teaching methodology:
- each of our degree programs is supervised by a Program Council – an advisory body bringing together companies and institutions operating in a given industry (e.g. logistics sector), whose insights into job market developments help us forecast trends and respond instantly by updating our curricula
- we are committed to teaching applicable skills and using innovative instructional methodology; we have taken care that major courses in such programs as Logistics, Computer Science, or Engineering Management Engineering are held in laboratories using the most recent specialized software: SAP, Flexim, AutoCAD, MSVisio, ARSA, MS Visual Studio, etc.
- there are no end-of-term exams – we do give you tests and exams, but they are scheduled over the whole semester rather than piled up at the end of it; this means you can pace your learning more reasonably, in smaller and more manageable chunks rather than in leaps and bounds
- in a majority of courses, learning outcomes are assessed through joint projects and other forms of group work to help you build up your social competencies
- many of our courses are taught through business simulations that confront students with real-life business problems to solve
- we work at your convenience – our key service departments, such as the Registrar’s, the Library, the Careers Office, or the Financial Services are open on weekdays as well as on weekends, so both full-time and part-time students can visit at their preferred time