Constraints on citizens

This is to inform you that Poland’s Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki announced today (March 24) that the Polish government as of March 24 is introducing more constraints on citizens to prevent the spread of coronavirus.

For more information see the following link:


Dear All,

I wish to inform you that pursuant to the ordinance of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education we are extending an online mode of delivery until May 24, 2020. Please note that the period of online teaching and learning may be further extended.

Please visit the Extranet for further notifications and updates. 



This applies to all fields of undergraduate and graduate studies (bachelor, engineering, master's), long-cycle master's studies in all modes (full-time, part-time) and post-graduate studies, MBA, courses and trainings. During the suspension period, the university's administrative departments will work, but in order to reduce the epidemiological risk, please handle current affairs via telephone and e-mail communication.


We will inform students about the restart of classes via the Extranet and our website.



FAQ for international and Erasmus students

How is WSB University going to provide online classes/alternative teaching method?

The University is working hard to switch to remote teaching and learning solutions. Work is currently underway on creating an effective and student-friendly e-learning environment. We will keep you posted on all progress through social media, Extranet and Moodle platform. No matter how long the delivery of face-to-face instruction is suspended, we will make sure that the intended learning outcomes are achieved and the educational process is completed in line with academic standards.

When does WSB University return to physical classes?

Acting in compliance with the decision of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education, WSB suspends its teaching activities until May 24, 2020. The suspension might be extended and will be informed to all the students via email or Extranet.

How will the university departments work? Will student services be provided?

Yes, student services will continue to be provided. All the administrative departments are working the regular hours, but they can only be contacted remotely (by phone and e-mail). No direct face-to-face services will be provided.

How do I renew my Student ID?

You do not need to. Student ID cards will be automatically extended until May 31 this year.

What about the library and unreturned books?

The library will be closed until May 24. Please contact us by phone or e-mail. We recommend that you extend your lending period via e-mail or phone. No penalties will be charged for unreturned books that are due back within March 13 - May 24. We encourage you to use our online resources. If you have not signed up to WSB Library and you want to use our online resources, please contact us, we will try to help you manually.

Are all the foreign nationals banned from coming to Poland?

The ban on entering the Republic of Poland does not apply to:

  • citizens of the Republic of Poland
  • foreigners who are spouses or children of citizens of the Republic of Poland or remain under permanent care of citizens of the Republic of Poland
  • holders of the Pole’s Card
  • diplomats
  • persons who have the right of permanent or temporary residence in the Republic of Poland or a work permit
  • in particularly justified cases which have not been listed above, the commanding officer of a Border Guard outpost, upon authorisation of the Commander-in-Chief of the Polish Border Guard, can allow a foreigner to enter the territory of the Republic of Poland according to the procedure set out in the Act of 12 December 2013 on Foreigners (Journal of Laws of 2020, item 35)
  • foreigners driving a vehicle intended for transporting goods.

The compulsory quarantine does not apply to:

  • persons from near-border areas who live in Poland, but work every day in the neighbouring country and regularly cross the border;
  • foreign citizens who live in the neighbouring country, but work in Poland and regularly cross the border;
  • professional freight and passenger transport drivers performing their duties.
Do I need to undergo quarantine when I enter Poland?

YES.  Anyone crossing the national border to reach their place of residence or stay in the Republic of Poland is required to inform a Border Guard officer of the address of their place of residence or stay where they will be undergoing their compulsory quarantine as well as their phone number, and undergo a compulsory post-border crossing quarantine at the location specified as their place of residence or stay, lasting 14 days from the first day following the date of crossing the border.

I am on a study abroad program/exchange – outside of Poland. Who should I contact?

Please contact the international Relations Office in this case.

I am an international student and I want to return home, what should I do?

Please contact the International Relations Office if you wish to leave Poland during this time. You need to inform the university before you decide to leave the country. Non-Adherence to this will lead to serious repercussions.

You can leave Poland by means of road transport at border crossing points. The limitations apply to entering the country.

I am a Polish national and want to return to Poland. What should I do?

On Sunday, 15 March, Poland closed its borders to foreigners. All Polish citizens who are presently abroad can return to their homeland. They will also undergo a compulsory 14-day home quarantine. International passenger air flights and international rail travel have been suspended.

Please contact the International Relations Office if you want to return to Poland.

What should I do when Poland shut the borders, air traffic is banned and my visa expires at the end of March?

If your visa expires, you are still at home and have not returned to Poland due to the current situation, apply for a new visa in your country of residence. The Registrar’s Office will send scanned documents which confirm continuation of your studies. Furthermore, WSB University can contact the Embassy and explain the details.

I am in Poland how can I extend my visa in current situation?

Foreigners who cannot leave the territory of Poland for reasons beyond their control may apply for either a visa extension or a temporary residence permit due to circumstances requiring a short stay. Applications should be sent to the voivodeship office via Poczta Polska by registered mail or via any other postal operator. Sending the application during legal stay via Poczta Polska S.A. guarantees meeting the deadline for its submission and ensures the possibility of legal stay until the case is considered. More information:

Where can I get more information about travelling in and out of Poland?

You can find more information here:

What should I do if I suspect that I am infected?

There are three situations in which there is a higher risk of COVID-19 infection: in the last 14 days you have travelled to areas where the virus is spreading, you have had close contact with someone who has COVID-19, you are coughing, have a fever and breathing difficulties. If any of these is true for you, you should immediately call a sanitary-epidemiological station or go to an infectious disease or observation and infectious disease ward whose staff will decide on a further medical procedure. When in doubt or if you do not know what to do, call a 24-hour helpline: 800 190 590.

Where to call if I have any questions?

Ministry of Health hotline – 800 190 590 (24-hour service). Information is also available in English.

Where can I get more information about the temporary limitations?