As the new academic year is coming, and we want to tell you what the classes will look like in October. Due to the epidemic situation in the country and the fact that the student community of WSB Universities is massive, we have decided that the classes will be conducted that will be conducted via hybrid education system.
Your safety, as well as the sense of positive endeavour studying at WSB University brings, are of utmost importance for us!
What does hybrid learning mean?
- Some of the activities will be conducted both remotely and in a blended form, i.e. giving the possibility of teaching some courses in the classroom, in the university buildings.
- For lectures and practical classes s, you will connect with the course coordinators and your peers using tools such as MS Teams, Zoom, Hangout, etc. All these platforms allow you to stay in touch with the tutor, conduct discussions and ask questions, as well as cooperate in subgroups with your peers on the relevant projects. The possibilities of interaction among the participants of the online classes turn the remote-study mode into an excellent equivalent to the courses carried out traditionally.
- During some of the classes, we will meet in the university buildings (classroom-teaching form). Nevertheless, to make these meetings safe for all of us, we will be bound by a sanitary regime.
In the event of a decision by the state or poviat authorities or by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education about the impossibility of conducting particular classes face to face at all universities, we will teach classes using a distant-learning formula. We are ready for any of the possible forms of education!
Regardless of the form of education – classroom-based, blended or remote, as a WSB University student, you will benefit from such technological amenities as:
- WSB University students and teaching staff can take advantage of new technologies. Both lectures and practical classes, presentations, quizzes, and even end-of-semester tests and exams are available online! Now you don't have to drive across town to meet your diploma supervisor. All you have to do is make an appointment for a specific time and log into the virtual room!
- Course materials that can be found on the Moodle platform, which we have been using for many years. Its advantage is that it has been verified by several hundred million users around the world and has many extensive functionalities!
- Participation in online business simulations, which is an excellent opportunity to practise your current combat skills.
You can learn more about the options that we have prepared for students in the We support science with the technology
Ready for distance learning!
We passed the distance education exam in the spring. We used our annual survey on studies and administrative services at WSB Universities to find out what our students think about those issues. The survey was conducted between the 29th of May and the 21st of June 2020 and had 11,818 participants, first- and second-cycle students. We are happy that as many as 82% of them are very satisfied or satisfied with the actions taken by WSB Universities during the coronavirus pandemic. The practical classes, lectures, preparation of particular course coordinators to conduct online classes, and the work of service departments received excellent rates.
We have prepared for the upcoming academic year even better! Improved teaching standards and technological solutions that we use will allow you to develop yourselves in the majors and specializations that you have selected effectively.
Safety at the University
We are happy to see you on the University campus as often as possible! However, to make it possible and safe for all of us, we must follow specific rules. See what you should do to keep your visit to WSB University and direct contact with your tutors and peers benign: