More on WSB University
The WSB University in Gdańsk is more than 20 years old now! Our history began in 1998 with the launch of our premier courses in finance and banking. Over the years, we have been working hard and continued to expand and refine our range of educational products. We have grown strong and are today seen among the country’s top private institutions of higher learning, with lots of distinctions, accreditations and certificates that others do not get. We deliver all kinds of degree programs, a rich variety of training courses, and even MBA programs. Our greatest pride are, however, the thousands of alumni who are doing so well in the tough job market.
As a provider of quality business education, we make every effort to enable you to:
- blend knowledge from different domains and apply it in the workplace
- select a degree program that will provide you with relevant and immediately applicable skills, e.g. in running a business of your own
- meet field experts – because we strongly promote networking and experience sharing among students and teachers
- interact with accomplished representatives of the business community, including the region’s leading companies; their involvement in classroom teaching stands for direct transfer of know-how and compelling case studies
- use the support of our Careers Office (link do BR) in finding a job, taking a professional training course, and arranging a domestic or international work placement or internship
- influence our study programs and the organization of our administrative services, because we do want to hear what you think of us: we regularly survey our students’ satisfaction and keep track of alumni careers
Do you want to learn more?
Read about Poland and WSB University in our guide - available for download here.
This guide will help you start your student life. We believe that lectures and classes are like journeys to unknown lands. Our lecturers are of the opinion that there are no wrong paths, no silly questions or bad ideas, as long they lead to knowing and experiencing. They are eager to assists you and support you in exploring new issues and new areas, no matter how difficult and complicated they might be.
Innovative, friendly, and practice-focused
Our mission is to “help change your world by being innovative, friendly, and practice-focused”. To make it happen, we employ the latest teaching methodology:
- each of our degree programs is run under the auspices of an Employer Council – an advisory body bringing together companies and institutions operating in a given industry (e.g. logistics sector), whose insights into job market developments help us forecast trends and respond instantly by updating our curricula
- we are committed to teaching applicable skills and using innovative instructional methodology; for example, we have taken care that classes in such programs as Logistics or Informatics are held in specialized laboratories using the same software that is used in real enterprises, e.g.: RFID Transport labs, Engineering Graphics labs, Apple Computer Graphics labs, Microsoft IT Academy labs, or SAP Next-Gen labs (pioneering installations in Poland)
- our teaching is supported by so-called course manuals – easily accessible collections of student resources that provide a benchmark for course content, timing, and attainment
- there are no end-of-term exams – we do give you tests and exams, but they are scheduled over the whole semester rather than piled up at the end of it; this means you can pace your learning more reasonably, in smaller and more manageable chunks rather than in leaps and bounds
- many of our courses are taught through business simulations that confront students with real-life business problems to solve
- the single-assessment system that we have put in place means that there is one common credit for a course that has a lecture and a class component, so you do not need to earn credit once for the lecture and again for the class; instead, course credit is based on all assessments earned throughout the course