In connection with the decision of the Minister of Science and Higher Education of Poland, caused by the spread of coronavirus, WSB Universities suspend all didactic classes, trainings and planned events from March 12 to May 24, 2020


In connection with the decision of the Minister of Science and Higher Education of Poland, related to the spread of the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus, out of concern for the health and safety of the entire academic community of WSB Universities, all classes, meetings and events are suspended from March 12 to May 24, 2020.


This applies to all fields of undergraduate and graduate studies (bachelor, engineering, master's), long-cycle master's studies in all modes (full-time, part-time) and post-graduate studies, MBA, courses and trainings. During the suspension period, the university's administrative departments will work, but in order to reduce the epidemiological risk, please handle current affairs via telephone and e-mail communication.


We will inform students about the restart of classes via the Extranet and our website.

FAQ for international and Erasmus students

When does WSB University in Poznan return to physical classes?

Acting in compliance with the decision of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education, WSB suspends its teaching activities until May 24, 2020. The suspension might be extended and will be informed to all the students via email or Extranet.

How is WSB University in Poznan, Faculty in Chorzow going to provide online classes/alternative teaching method?

The University is working hard to switch to remote teaching and learning solutions. Work is currently underway on creating an effective and student-friendly e-learning environment. We will keep you posted on all progress through social media, Extranet and Moodle platform. No matter how long the delivery of face-to-face instruction is suspended, we will make sure that the intended learning outcomes are achieved and the educational process is completed in line with academic standards.

What type of classes will be conducted on-line?

The form of online classes will be synchronous and asynchronous.

In the case of synchronous classes or lectures your teacher will meet you online according to your class schedule. The asynchronous activities may take place at any time in the time framework set by your teachers.

Your teachers have already contacted or are going to contact you within the next few days.

In the case of those classes that will not be conducted fully online we will arrange make-up classes at some other time. You will be notified of such arrangements.

What about the library and unreturned books?

The library will be closed until May 24. Please contact us by phone or e-mail: (32) 349 84 71, We recommend that you extend your lending period via the Extranet, using your online library account. No penalties will be charged for unreturned books that are due back within March 12-25. Holds made before March 12 are automatically extended, so if you requested books through the reservation system, you will be able to collect them until March 31.

How will the university departments work? Will student services be provided?

Yes, student services will continue to be provided. All the administrative departments are working the regular hours, but they can only be contacted remotely (by phone and e-mail). No direct face-to-face services will be provided. Contact details are available at the following link:

How do I renew my Student ID?

You do not need to. Student ID cards will be automatically extended until May 31 this year.

How do I keep updated about the latest information about Coronavirus(COVID-19)?

Your Extranet notification page and this Frequently Asked Questions page will be kept up to date. Along with this, the Facebook page called WSB Poznan International Students page will also be regularly updated. As this is a rapidly evolving situation, we are asking you to check these pages regularly to keep informed of the latest advice.

How can you contact the International Relations Office?

You can contact the International Relations Office Faculty in Chorzów by sending your email to: or

I am on a study abroad program/exchange – outside of Poland. Who should I contact?

Please contact the international Relations Office in this case.

I am an international student and I want to return home, what should I do?

Please contact the International Relations Office if you wish to leave Poland during this time. You need to inform the university before you decide to leave the country. Non-Adherence to this will lead to serious repercussions.

You can leave Poland by means of road transport at border crossing points. The limitations apply to entering the country.

I am a Polish national and want to return to Poland. What should I do?

On Sunday, 15 March, Poland closed its borders to foreigners. All Polish citizens who are presently abroad can return to their homeland. They will also undergo a compulsory 14-day home quarantine. International passenger air flights and international rail travel have been suspended.

Please contact the International Relations Office if you want to return to Poland.

Are all the foreign nationals banned from coming to Poland?

The ban on entering the Republic of Poland does not apply to:

  • citizens of the Republic of Poland
  • foreigners who are spouses or children of citizens of the Republic of Poland or remain under permanent care of citizens of the Republic of Poland
  • holders of the Pole’s Card
  • diplomats
  • persons who have the right of permanent or temporary residence in the Republic of Poland or a work permit
  • in particularly justified cases which have not been listed above, the commanding officer of a Border Guard outpost, upon authorisation of the Commander-in-Chief of the Polish Border Guard, can allow a foreigner to enter the territory of the Republic of Poland according to the procedure set out in the Act of 12 December 2013 on Foreigners (Journal of Laws of 2020, item 35)
  • foreigners driving a vehicle intended for transporting goods.

The compulsory quarantine does not apply to:

  • persons from near-border areas who live in Poland, but work every day in the neighbouring country and regularly cross the border;
  • foreign citizens who live in the neighbouring country, but work in Poland and regularly cross the border;

professional freight and passenger transport drivers performing their duties.

Do I need to undergo quarantine when I enter Poland?

YES.  Anyone crossing the national border to reach their place of residence or stay in the Republic of Poland is required to inform a Border Guard officer of the address of their place of residence or stay where they will be undergoing their compulsory quarantine as well as their phone number, and undergo a compulsory post-border crossing quarantine at the location specified as their place of residence or stay, lasting 14 days from the first day following the date of crossing the border.

Where can I get more information about travelling in and out of Poland?
What should I do if I suspect that I am infected?

There are three situations in which there is a higher risk of COVID-19 infection: in the last 14 days you have travelled to areas where the virus is spreading, you have had close contact with someone who has COVID-19, you are coughing, have a fever and breathing difficulties. If any of these is true for you, you should immediately call a sanitary-epidemiological station or go to an infectious disease or observation and infectious disease ward whose staff will decide on a further medical procedure. When in doubt or if you do not know what to do, call a 24-hour helpline: 800 190 590.

Where to call if I have any questions?

Ministry of Health hotline – 800 190 590 (24-hour service). Information is also available in English.

Where can I get more information about the temporary limitations?
Can I apply for the ERASMUS+ study program?

No. The registration process for studies within Erasmus+ programme was closed on March, 16. The next Erasmus+ registration will take place in November 2020.

If you have any further questions, please contact your International Relations Office.