About the University
- The WSB University in Chorzów is more than 20 years old now! Our history began in 1998 with the launch of our first courses in finance and banking. Over the years, we have been working hard and continued to expand and refine our range of educational products. We have grown strong and are today seen among the country’s top private institutions of higher learning, with lots of distinctions, accreditations and certificates that others do not get. We deliver all kinds of degree programs, a rich variety of training courses, and even MBA programs. Our greatest pride are, however, the thousands of alumni who are doing so well in the tough job market.
- Our University has two comfortable buildings, both perfectly adapted to students’ needs. One of them is situated at 29 Sportowa street in Chorzów, the other at 7 Księdza Kardynała Stefana Wyszyńskiego street in Katowice. Our state-of the-art facilities include modern lecture halls, dozens of multimedia-equipped classrooms, and computer labs.
- The Direct-Entry scheme allows our students to do the final year of their degree program in the UK and earn two Bachelor’s degrees: one from the WSB University, and the other from Coventry University.
- A double-degree Master’s program is, on the other hand, offered in partnership with Matej Bel University in Banska Bystrica, Slovak Republic.
- The WSB University in Chorzów is committed to the applicability of learning. Our degree programs and majors are run under the auspices of local businesses and institutions. Through our unique Business Partnership Program, we engage local employers in curriculum design and teaching, and we consult them about what skills and competencies they look for. Their expertise and hands-on experience ensure that your learning is up-to-date and relevant in the workplace.
Do you want to learn more?
Read about Poland and WSB University in our guide - available for download here.
Choosing our University, you will:
- find it easy to combine work with study, because our curriculum organization is tailored to the requirements of those in employment
- decide when and how you want to pay tuition, owing to our flexible payment schemes
- be able to stay in touch with us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via Extranet
- have permanent access to online learning resources through the Moodle platform
- improve your language skills studying both in class and online via a virtual learning environment
- appreciate the efficient and friendly services of our Admissions or Registrar’s offices, whose staff will help you quickly deal with any paperwork that university experience involves
As a provider of quality business education, we make every effort to enable you to:
- blend knowledge from different domains and apply it in the workplace
- select a degree program that will provide you with relevant and immediately applicable skills, e.g. in running a business of your own
- meet field experts – because we strongly promote networking and experience sharing among students and teachers
- interact with accomplished representatives of the business community, including the region’s leading companies; their involvement in classroom teaching stands for direct transfer of know-how and compelling case studies
- use the support of our Careers Office (link do BR) in finding a job, taking a professional training course, and arranging a domestic or international work placement or internship
- develop and upgrade your skill level in such areas as career planning, critical thinking, creative thinking, interpersonal communication, data analysis, project coordination, etc.
- influence our study programs and the organization of our administrative services, because we do want to hear what you think of us: we regularly survey our students’ satisfaction and keep track of alumni careers
Innovative, friendly, and practice-focused
Our mission is to “help change your world by being innovative, friendly, and practice-focused”. To make it happen, we employ the latest teaching methodology and have raised our student services to the highest standards:
- each of our degree programs is supervised by an Employer Council – an advisory body bringing together companies and institutions operating in a given industry (e.g. logistics sector), whose insights into job market developments help us forecast trends and respond instantly by updating our curricula
- we are committed to teaching applicable skills, employing innovative instructional methodology, and consistently modernizing our infrastructure; for example, we have taken care that major courses in such programs as Logistics or Informatics are held in specialized laboratories using the same software that is used in real enterprises: Engineering Graphics labs, Apple Computer Graphics labs, Embedded Technology Labs, SAP labs, Computer Networking labs, Accounting Information Systems labs, Automation and Robotics labs, Electrical Engineering and Electronics labs, Metrology labs, Technical Physics labs, Commodity Science labs, etc.
- our teaching is supported by so-called course manuals – easily accessible collections of student resources that provide a benchmark for course content and timing
- there are no end-of-term exams – we do give you tests and exams, but they are scheduled over the whole semester rather than piled up at the end of it; this means you can pace your learning more reasonably, in smaller and more manageable chunks rather than in leaps and bounds
- in a majority of courses, learning outcomes are assessed through joint projects and other forms of group work to help you build up your social competencies
- many of our courses are taught through business simulations that confront students with real-life business problems to solve
- a single-assessment system means that there is one common credit for a course that has a lecture and a class component, so you do not need to earn credit once for the lecture and again for the class; instead, course credit is based on all assessments earned throughout the course
- we work at your convenience – our key service departments, such as the Registrar’s, the Library, the Careers Office, or the Financial Services are open on weekdays as well as on weekends, so both full-time and part-time students can visit at their preferred time
Our University is an active participant in Europe’s premier student and staff mobility program known as Erasmus+.
We host and organize a number of research conferences and seminar series on engaging topics and hottest issues.