Organization of studies
The higher education system in Poland consists of three types of studies:
- First cycle (Bachelor’s degree) level,
- Second cycle (Master’s degree) or long-cycle level,
- Third cycle (doctoral degree) level.
Study programs at each level can be offered as full-time programs (at least half of the content is delivered in the classroom) or part-time programs. It is up to you which mode of studies you choose. Full-time programs are delivered on weekdays from Monday through Friday whereas part-time programs on weekends.
First cycle studies (Bachelor’s degree)
It takes 3 or 4 years to complete a Bachelor’s degree program. You may be admitted into a Bachelor’s degree program on condition you are a holder of a secondary school leaving certificate. First cycle studies lead to a Bachelor’s degree or Engineering degree. The Bachelor’s degree diploma entitles you to pursue your further studies at a Master’s degree level.
The first cycle studies in Poland can be divided into:
- Bachelor’s degree lasting 3 years (6 semesters)
- Engineering degree lasting 3.5 years (7 semesters) The Engineering degree studies make it possible for you to gain technical knowledge and qualifications.In the course of your studies you have more specialized modules and classes such as labs, programming etc.
In our portfolio we have the following Engineering degree programs:
- Information Technology in Business
- Engineering Management
At WSB University you can earn a Bachelor’s degree or Engineering degree.
Second cycle studies (Master’s degree)
Second cycle studies leading to a Master’s degree or Master’s engineering degree last from 1.5 to 2 years. Holders of a Master’s degree or equivalent may apply to third-cycle programs, i.e. doctoral studies that provide advanced knowledge in a specific academic area.
Long-cycle studies (Master’s degree)
Long-cycle studies leading to a Master’s degree last from 4.5 to 6 years (9-12 semesters). This type of studies is based on an integrated curriculum encompassing core courses and specialization courses.
Long-cycle studies in Poland are offered in the following fields: medicine, dental medicine, medical analysis, pharmacy, veterinary, psychology, acting, law (including canon law), art conservation and restoration, photography.
WSB Universities offer a long-cycle program in Law provided in Polish.