- The Library of the WSB University in Poznań Faculty in Chorzów offers its users access to 40,000 volumes and has a subscription of several dozen newspapers, journals and magazines in the traditional version (paper). Information concerning the library holdings is available on the Internet in the form of Library Online Catalogue.
- You can borrow 15 publications for a period of 4 weeks after presenting the Student ID card. A part of our holdings, mainly encyclopaedias, dictionaries, lexicons, basic monographs from different areas are available in the scientific reading room.
- The Library services are available for everybody, however books can be borrowed by students of all the modes, programs and fields of study of the Faculty in Chorzów together with its scientific and administrative staff.
- You are invited to place orders for the purchase of books to our Library. If you have not found in our holdings a publication you are interested in and which is connected with the field of study offered at our University, please send information with the title you are interested in to the Library. We will purchase it and inform you about it. Please send the information under the address email@example.com.
Students are registered in the Library system the moment they enroll for studying at the WSB university. They are entitled to use the Library with their electronic student ID card they received in the Registrar’s office when they started the studies. The student ID card is free. Other library users, including lecturers, courses participants and graduates can use the Library services on the basis of their personal identity cards.
You can borrow maximum 15 books on the basis of your student ID card for the period of 4 weeks or from one weekend session to the other with the possibility to extend the rental period by another two weeks. The extension can be done personally in the Library, by phone or by sending an e-mail under the library e-mail address. You can also do it yourself through the extranet.
The library charges a fee for the delayed return of books in the amount of 1 PLN for one day for a single copy.
The lending library is located in the room 125, Sportowa Street 29, Chorzów.
In the reading room you have access to the reference book collection including encyclopedias, dictionaries, monographs and the most important academic manuals. There are also scientific journals of the areas of study offered at our Faculty and social and political magazines and daily newspapers.
In the reading room you can also use computers with free access to the network and databases subscribed by our library and other magazines on-line. You can also use printer and copy machine.
WSB University in Poznań Faculty in Chorzów
ul. Sportowa 29, 41-500 Chorzów
Library - 1st floor, room no. 125
• Library: (+48) 32 349 84 71
• Library Director: (+48) 32 349 85 05
Bogumiła Urban - Library Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Karina Szołtysik - Senior Librarian (student support, scientific information, trainings, magazines, library exchange) email@example.com
Katarzyna Trocha - Librarian (student support, scientific information, trainings, holdings acquisition, databases) firstname.lastname@example.org
Patrycja Węgrzyn - Junior Librarian (student support, scientific information, trainings, holdings management) email@example.com