Work and study
Our approach to course scheduling and organization is to make it as easy as possible for you to combine work and study:
- face-to-face meetings scheduled over a minimum number of days
- tight class schedules with no idle time or undesirable breaks
- classes held at convenient locations.
Types of degree programs
You can choose between two types of first-cycle degree programs to suit your needs:
- Bachelor’s programs span 3 years (6 semesters). In the first 3 semesters, students learn the basics in their chosen field of study. The focus on general and core curriculum allows them time to contemplate their choice of career and prepare to elect their majors (specializations). Then they spend another 3 semesters developing knowledge and skills specific to their major. As an integral part of each program, each student completes a work placement. The program is concluded with the defense of a Bachelor’s degree project.
- Engineer’s programs are delivered over 3.5 years (7 semesters). Majors are not elected until in the program’s 4th semester. Compared to Bachelor’s, Engineer’s programs place greater emphasis on technical expertise and specialized know-how.
Responding to your needs
WSB degree programs are available in two modes of study:
- full-time – with classes scheduled Monday through Friday. Actually, class meetings are scheduled over just three days per week, leaving you with two days off – two full days to pursue your passions or get a part-time job
- part-time – with classes scheduled every second weekend. Even if, compared to the full-time mode, students meet their instructors less often, they are expected to achieve similar learning outcomes. With at least five consecutive days off school every week, you can do a full-time job and build up your work experience, or take out a course to train in a skill that will make a difference in real business settings.
Friendly learning environment
Traditional forms of interaction with instructors and administrators can be time-consuming. Students of big state universities could tell you lots about hours wasted queuing for gradebook entries in front of classrooms and offices. Unlike most state institutions, the WSB University knows your time is precious and makes sure you can get your things done promptly and smoothly. This is how we do it:
- schedules and grades can be viewed online via the Extranet
- grades and credits are entered online directly into students e-records
- your teachers can be contacted by e-mail via the Extranet or the Moodle platform
- your electronic student ID works as a library card, too.
Simple ideas that can save so much of your time every single day!
E-learning with Moodle
What else can we do to save your time? We give you Moodle. Using the platform, students and teachers can exchange course materials and resources (including multimedia content) as well as share class-related ideas, notes, and insights. These functionalities not only make it easier to revise and prepare for exams, but can also save a lot of your time.
Although students can handle most of their business via the Extranet, the following service departments are still here to help you:
- Registrar’s Office
- Career Services
- Center for International Cooperation
- Library and Reading Room
- Student Financial Services.
In each of these you will meet welcoming staff who will be happy to give you just the kind of assistance you need, on weekdays as well as on weekends.