Policy related to “cookie” files
This policy relates to “cookie” files in the context of websites operated by Centrum Rozwoju Szkół Wyższych TEB Akademia spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością based in Poznan at al. Niepodległości 2, 61-874 Poznan, entered into the National Court Register with the number 0000096209 in the District Court for Poznan – Nowe Miasto i Wilda, VIII Business Division KRS, NIP 778-13-41-402, REGON 631249751, fully paid up equity of PLN 1.120.000 (hereinafter referred to as the Operator), being the founder of the Higher Schools of Banking.
What are cookies?
“Cookie” files are IT data, in particular text files, which are stored on the Users’ device and are intended for using websites. These files identify the User’s device and display websites adapted to his individual preferences. Cookie files usually contain the name of the website they come from, the period for which they are stored on the User’s device and their unique number.
- adapt website content to User preferences and optimize website use; in particular, cookies identify the Service User’s device and display websites adapted to his individual needs
- develop statistical data to better understand how Service Users use websites in order to improve their structure and content
- maintain Service User’s session (after log-in) so that the User does not have to enter his login and password for every subpage of the Service
What sort of cookies do we use?
In general, websites use two types of cookie files: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are temporary files which are stored on the User’s device until the User logs out, leaves the website or closes the application (Internet browser). Persistent cookies are stored on the User’s device for a period defined in cookie parameters or as long as they are not removed by the User.
Websites use the following types of cookies:
- “strictly necessary” cookies enabling the User to use website services; these are, for example, authentication cookies used for website services requiring authentication
- security cookies used, for example, to detect authentication abuse on websites
- “performance” cookies gathering information on the use of websites
- “functional” cookies “remembering” selected user settings and his personalized interface in terms of the selected language or region of the User, font size, website layout, etc.
- “advertising” cookies thanks to which the User receives advertising content more adapted to his interests
- “analytical” cookies used to better understand the way Users interact with website content and adapt website layout accordingly These gather all information on the way visitors use our website, the type of websites from which they were redirected as well as the number of visits and their duration Such information does not register specific personal data of the User, but is used to develop aggregated statistics on website use. To this end, we use the Google Analytics solution.
Cookies of independent companies contained on Operator websites:
- Google Analytics - analyzing cookies gather information on the way visitors use our website, the type of websites from which they were redirected as well as the number of visits and their duration. Such information does not register specific personal data of the User, but is used to develop aggregated statistics on website use.
- YouTube - Operator’s websites contain films and links to films from YouTube. Consequently, when browsing websites with imbedded or linked YouTube content, the User may come across cookies from these locations. To find out more, visit: youtube.pl
- Adobe Flash Player - the website uses Flash animation. The Flash Player application uses shared local objects or Flash cookies to enable Users to benefit from such functions as automatic restore or saving User preferences. Flash cookies are stored on the User’s device in the same way as ordinary cookies but are managed differently from the level of the browser. To find out more, visit: www.adobe.com
Do cookies contain personal data?
It is standard practice for Internet browsing software to allow storing cookies on the User’s device by default. These settings may be changed to either block default cookies in the Internet browser settings or inform the User each time a cookie is sent to his device. Detailed information on the options and methods of dealing with cookies are available in software (Internet browser) settings.
How are WSB pages protected?
Operator’s websites are equipped with security features to protect the data under our control against their loss, abuse or modification. We are committed to protect any and all information disclosed to us by our Customers in compliance with security and confidentiality standards.
The Operator gives Users the possibility to switch off the option of receiving advertising materials or subscribed newsletters. The Operator gives Users the option to remove information concerning them from databases and block information they receive via electronic mail.