The Rector of WSB University in Poznań is pleased to invite you to attend an international conference on International Cooperation of Universities in the Area of Lifelong Learning.
The conference will be organized for the purpose of disseminating the results of an international Project KIPAM (Knowledge Is Power, Age Ain’t Matter) carried out by WSB University in Poznan within the Erasmus+ program.
Participation in the conference including accommodation (2 days) and food is free of charge. Additionally the host institution will cover travel expenses up to the limit of EUR 100.
12th April 2018
WSB University in Poznan (WSB) Wyższa Szkoła Bankowa w Poznaniu
ul. Powstancow Wielkopolskich 2a
61-895 Poznan, Poland
The conference aims to:
- Create an opportunity for the participants to establish contacts and partnerships with universities from Europe, Asia and Africa
- Familiarize the participants with the KIPAM project results
- Be a platform for the participants to present their own experience in the area of lifelong learning
- Create an opportunity for the participants to find partners for international projects, especially EU-funded projects
- Make it possible for the participants to take part in interesting workshops
Thursday, 12th of April 2018, 9.00 a.m – 4 p.m
- Registration of the participants
- Rector’s welcome speec
- Presentation of the KIPAM project results by project partners
- Lifelong Learning in WSB University in Poznan
- Workshops on:
- Modern methods of promoting a higher education institution abroad and how to use social media in the promotional campaign
- Intercultural and intergenerational differences in marketing communication
- Recent trends in teaching (neuroteaching) and how to use visual presentations in teaching
6. Participants’ short presentations on the possibility of International Cooperation of their University in the Area of Lifelong Learning
7. Networking - participants' universities promotional stands in the hall
8. Welcome dinner
Friday, 13th of April, 10.00 a.m – 2 p.m
Poznań sightseeing tour with a guide (optional)
A more detailed program of the conference and workshop themes will be available by the end of January 2018.
Rules and regulations
1. Participants are required to submit their application forms (initial declarations) by January 19, 2018
2. Participation in the conference is free of charge for 40 participants (applicants will be handled on a first-come first-service basis). Accommodation (2 days) and food are also covered. Additionally WSB will reimburse the travel costs up to the limit of EUR 100.
3. The refund of EUR 100 will be possible after the participant submits travel expenses documents (plane tickets, train tickets etc.)
4. Participation fee for other applicants is EUR 200.
5. The maximum number of 2 participants is possible from one institution.
6. After an applicant submits Initial Declaration Form, WSB will get in touch with the applicant and will guide through the application procedure (invitation letters, visa issues etc.)
About KIPAM project:
The international project „KIPAM – ”Knowledge is power, age ain't matter” is co-funded by the Erasmus+ Program. It is conducted by WSB University in Poznań in cooperation with 4 universities from the EU and Turkey.
The purpose of the KIPAM project is to provide more opportunities for people aged 50+ and make them more active by developing and disseminating know-how on how to commence and conduct non-vocational education at higher education institutions within the framework of the Academic University of the Third Age (AU3A).
Dumlupinar University (Kutahya, Turkey), The University of Dundee (Scotland, UK), University of Salerno (Salerno, Italy), University of Vigo (Vigo, Spain)
Detailed information about the project can be found on: www.kipam.eu
The WSB University in Poznan (WSB) is located in the very center of Poznan.
City Poznan is located halfway between Berlin and Warsaw.
How to get to Poznan
By air – Poznan Ławica Airport, located around 6 km away from the city center, handles domestic and international flights.
By train – There are fast and express train connections between Poznan and Berlin and Warsaw (approximately a 3-hour trip) as well as other destinations in Poland and Europe. The main railway station is situated in the city center, not far away from the School campus.
By coach – There is an extensive network of coach connections between Poznan and larger Polish and European cities. The International Coach Station is located close to the WSB.